Thursday, March 2, 2023

Warm puppy and less important things

 Yesterday was action packed,  riveting, things happening all at once. 

Bloodwork first at the local lab,  and the other patient there,  with her mother, was physically disabled and without speech, but was showing us on her phone her singing group in action! Raised the whole tone of the lab. What a happy young woman, great props all round.

Then artwork waiting to dry, till today, when I started on the logistics of adding the face 

I cut into the sides and top to bend around the head shape

 



Gary was back home last night, came to let me know,  and was very intrigued with the current artwork. Baffled but, as always, amazed. Hugely amused when I showed him the back of the face, -- book-mailing envelope.

On his way in, he found boxes on my step, brought them in, and later, here's the glorious unboxing, thanks to R







Wonderful yarns, Japanese hand painted, as a fabulous bonus to the gift of puzzles. 

 Very happy recipient here. Thank you so much! Everything will be put to good use.

Even the boxes, which are now in the studio area

And this is who came with Gary to visit



Billy, seven weeks old, French bulldog/ Boston terrier cross. My new granddog. He hasn't figured out barking yet. That will be fun. 

What an evening. 

Today Misfits box arrived incredibly early, around 8 am. Compare this to FedEx's anything-up-to-9 pm-who-cares.



Some of the cilantro and spinach have already been served. Remember the spare pastry from the chicken pot pie, which I froze, with extra cooked carrots, same source?

Today I thawed it all out, rolled it, now we know it freezes great

added in cilantro, spinach, carrots, last couple of potatoes from the last batch, and baked it in the toaster oven.


With a few sprinkles of the newly-arrived feta cheese, it was a good Cornish pasty meal.


Late last night I remembered about winnowing, and another couple of paper files made an addition to the recycle bin, after soaking down to almost pulp. Whenever I run out of winnowing ideas, there's always paper files.

Happy day everyone, warm puppies sll around.

Many years ago I was in the process of launching a new one-person enterprise, and was thinking about names. 

I asked my then very young Handsome Son for ideas, because you never know. I explained it needed to be easy to hear on the phone and friendly. 

He thought for a minute then said "How about Warm Puppy?" That enterprise was techie, involving adult instruction on public broadcasting, so I ended with a less warm and friendly name.  But I still liked Warm Puppy.

Enjoy your day even if there's no warm puppy.



32 comments:

  1. Warm Puppy! Great name. That puppy is so cute. I think you will enjoy your grandpup. I got a pasty recipe from someone I worked with whose mother was from England. I'd forgotten about it. That's some beautiful yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn is so high end! And a pasty is just thin plain pastry, enclosing anything you like, folded over, crimped with a fork, baked in a hot oven about 20 minutes. It your recipe is fancier, let us know. I can always use a new idea.

      Delete
  2. That puppy is so adorable! And wow, you're positively rolling in jigsaw puzzles now! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm Puppy is a great name. Nothing funnier than watching a puppy when they start to bark "who was that"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, then they find they can do it again! A lot if they want to! Then look out.

      Delete
  4. I don't remember the reason you scored those puzzles and the beautiful yarn, but it all is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Rose, your blog follower I think you've met? Started reading my blog, checked if her Library would lend puzzles, they didn't, offered them to me to enjoy then donate to my library to lend out. The yarn filled in a box with a long narrow puzzle box. So that's the story!

      Delete
  5. What a fantastically bountiful day you have had. That puppy is gorgeous too. My sister has a French bulldog. Such a funny bark when they are little especially if they are only looking for attention. More of a very loud squeak. She barks properly when there is something she isn't happy about though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little guy us very quiet, probably all confused after a cross country journey, new people, new surroundings. But he already got stuck in a swiffer, so I think there won't be a dull moment!

      Delete
  6. A lovely gesture by a fellow blogger…..you receive, enjoy them, donate - she donates after receiving and enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it was very cool. Instead of just thinking about it, she acted on the idea.

      Delete
  7. How great to wish someone a warm puppy day. Maybe it will catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warm Puppy is a good name. Remember how Charles Schulz used to say in his cartoons, "Happiness is a warm puppy?" It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warm Puppy - great name. Ours that never went into use was 'Jam Factory'. You have reminded us (we guess with all those greens) that it is nearly nettle season and F is going to collect loads this year and blanch and freeze them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F is more than welcome to nettles. Vivid childhood memories of falling into a nettle bed, stings all over arms and legs. Put me off them a bit. I don't think they grow around here.

      Delete
  10. I might have skipped some heartbeats at the sight of that yarn. Oh my goodness! And puzzles for months! What a lovely, lovely gift.
    And that pup- well, such a beautiful little soul in such sleek otter fur. What a darling.
    Looks like an excellent Misfits week.
    And your art is coming along, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to all the above! I had forgotten until I held Billy how very warm a little puppy is.

      Delete
  11. Good priorities: "Warm puppy and less important (though very interesting!) things"

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lot of nice surprises in this post, Boud, from puzzles to puppies. What a wonderful surprise to receive that gift box. Looking forward to future updates on the grand puppy, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly hoping for playtime with him.

      Delete
  13. Warm Puppy! what a great name. You had all kinds of surprises today, puzzles, yarn, food, and best of all, warm puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, great day, crowned by Billy the Pup.

      Delete
  14. Now THAT is what I call a really good mail call. Those yarn colors are yummy. And what a cutie your Billy is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely an above average delivery, one way and another.

      Delete
  15. A puppy - how grand! There's nothing like sweet little puppy breath.
    Those boxes all yielded something wonderful. You'll be busy for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh... Billy looks adorable, and cuddly. Yay to packages bearing fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm hoping to see more of him when Gary's well again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!