Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday, lovely Sunday

 Not even lunchtime here and already great things happened. I had found straws, paper plates and cups on Freecycle, to add to my materials ready for my Art Shaped adventures. 

Ready to pick up this morning. Not only that, the location was near an indie hardware store I always prefer over Big Box Hardware. And open this morning, to get masking tape and glue.

Overnight it was very cold, so I alerted handsome Son in case I needed car starting help.

And the car started fine, ran fine and I made the pickup, got my masking tape and glue from the hardware store and, the center having been completely changed since I was last there, couldn't find my car to leave.

Eventually I realized the store was now across from its old location, so I'd left by the wrong exit. Since there's still construction everywhere confusing things, by the time I'd panted up to my car, I'd put in my quota of walking for the day. 

And got home to find, timing! that Art Shaped had arrived.

I'm saving the cardboard envelope for use. Good old Blackwell's, indie bookstore.




Even before I opened the book, I knew what I needed to make. So I'll use the book to study how to do the parts. 

This is how I've always made art, from first taking classes and being invited to work with artists who noticed my approach. I know in general the concept, and go in search of the skills, in classes or books, nowadays YouTube, wherever I can learn them. 

And this one is really exciting because I think I'm finally going to make something I've had in mind for years, considered various approaches, then discarded them. But this might be right.

Can't say more yet, but I'm stoked!

And yesterday my silk roving arrived. Unbelievably soft, and I expect to blend it with tougher fiber. In the course of trying to get a picture, I accidentally got an extreme closeup.



The inner artist still needs to be fed, so yesterday I made a pot of spaghetti and (turkey) meatballs. Loads of spice, berbere,  in the meatballs, turkey being a bit bland. Best organic ground turkey though, one pound makes nine large mbs. Rolled in potato flakes, no panko around 





And now there are four more meals like this in the freezer, plus extra meatballs for maybe sandwiches. And extra sauce, likewise.

Yesterday's winnowing yielded slim pickins, but it did involve finally emptying, sweeping and considering the cabinet under the sink.

Yield for rehoming:


Result:


We'll see what today's winnowing amounts to.

 So there's the story chez Boud. And in case you need a really, really haaaaard puzzle for Sunday, go here

 


Happy day everyone, sometimes things work out more easily than expected.




31 comments:

  1. Yay, you! The closeup of the silk is actually lovely. You've got us on pins and needles over what you will create. Excellent teaser! Too bad I live halfway across the country, I would have enjoyed dinner with you. My brain and puzzles are not a match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could compare the price of eggs to our hearts' content!

      Delete
  2. That is an easy puzzle! Hope your happy day only gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's the first puzzle I was able to decipher at one look.
    I am excited with and for you to be starting on this new art project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, now you can feel included! It's a funny puzzle. Do the first one then ohhh, right!

      Delete
  4. Got the puzzle straightaway! That silk looks lovely. So much art-icipation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re seeming very energetic and busy. I think you’re all better from whatever it was that was ailing you awhile back. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it when it all falls into place. Even the fact that you had walked out of the “wrong” exit was a bonus. It’s all how you look at things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the wrong exit baffled me at first. It would have been right if they hadn't gone and moved the shop!

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to see what you're planning to create. Your excitement is palpable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that great liminal point where I haven't physically begun to work, but my mind has.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like some great mail has arrived at Chez Boud and now I'm looking forward to seeing what you create. I imagine there was a moment of panic over the misplaced exit/car (at least I know I would have!).
    And now, re the puzzle, you have me singing in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One slight hitch with searching for the car is that I was subconsciously looking for the old one. Last time I was at this shopping center that's what I was driving! And I still tend to look for the number plate I had for over 20 years..

      Delete
  9. Creativity abounds at your house! And it all sounds like so much fun. Enjoy it and please post what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mean pictures, of course of what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the closeup of your silk roving -- looks like rainbow cotton candy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to be fun! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    I'm completely stumped by the puzzle...

    Chris from Boise

    PS A screech owl is calling from the nestbox as I write...they haven't settled in yet but they sure are interested. We hypothesize they'll commit (or not) by the end of March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be stumped long. Exciting screech owl news.

      Delete
  13. A few minutes later - aha! Got it!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed F is another who has been transfixed by your accidental close up of the silk roving - what beautiful glowing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not so tough a puzzle, in fact the 5 new words have three things about them.

    will be interesting to see what comes of all your acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an easy puzzle, as a relief from the haaaard ones we had recently. I'd be interested to hear, when we see the solution, what the three things are!
      Yes, it will be interesting to see what comes of the excitement.

      Delete
  16. Oooh... catching up here backwards you have partially answered a question I had when reading tomorrow's post (is that confusing?) I was marveling that you just up and started making a mask, and I wondered how you were inspired, or simply got the idea from your collection of items to start making a mask. I don't claim to be in your head at all, but this post gives me partial answers and a glimpse into the artist's process on some level. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The usual where'd that come from? question. It's been in my head for many years.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!