Thursday, February 9, 2023

Misfits, gloves, aww factor, mystery pic

 Misfits box arrived, mid morning, amidst a soup making frenzy




The real beauty of fresh clean food, the leeks squeaky, making my eyes tear as I chop, so fresh, lovely stuff. Big brown eggs. Excellent yogurt. It's always a pleasure. They're having supply issues, like most people: no apples, spinach, parsley, cod, oh well. But look at the supplies I do have.

I was polishing off the rest of the chicken into soup, when the box arrived.

Cream of chicken soup with cannellini.


Chicken carcase in broth, onions, garlic. After removing the carcase, I blended it then added the final bits of chicken, picked off the bones, and the beans. Dash of lemon, bit more salt, done.


Five more containers in the freezer.

This two pound chicken has given: two meals with roast chicken breast, two of curried chicken, one 9" potpie, and now six helpings of soup. I think I got my chickensworth. And will desist from chicken chat for the time being, you'll be relieved to know.

I've been spinning the new roving, blended with the old


And while I was at it, finished Glove One



It's quite hard work making gloves with three strands, so before I do Glove Two,. I'll return to the sock, restful, easy knitting on small needies, with one strand.

Here's an intriguing view, not exactly a puzzle but study it and see if you can fathom where you are




No, we're not in an eerie warehouse or the opening of a gothic novel. We're inside a cello.

And the aww factor I promised

Indigenous people and their working dogs rule!

Happy evening, everyone, enjoy the rest of your day. Zelenskyy is in London, finally a grownup in Downing Street. 



27 comments:

  1. Yes, a grownup in Downing Street, to meet with Zelensky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized the view! Cool picture. How satisfying it must be to knit with yarn you've spun. Looking very nice and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to spin my own yarn sometimes. Also switching back and forward between the movements of knitting and spinning is better for your body.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Nothing left but a tiny little skellington!

      Delete
  4. That photo was a mystery to me. How cool to see the inside of a cello!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photographer has photographed a whole series of views inside musical instruments. Worth checking.

      Delete
  5. That is a wow picture. Socks being easy is something I would never have believed but this new way of knitting them I’ve found is very easy and is not my go to project when I don’t have to think. I know. I’m shocked too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the method. Socks are not as difficult as they seem to someone who hasn't tried them, but you need the method that suits you.

      Delete
  6. As they might say around here- you used everything on that chicken except the cluck. Excellent! The cello picture is wonderful but the one with the little girl and her pup on her back has my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's in her seventies now, but has probably had several generations of puppies! I hope she still lives.

      Delete
  7. Nice little zinger at the end. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I don't know how he tolerates the rich little children currently breaking their country while he's bravely holding his together, against the odds, fighting our proxy war against Pxxxn.

      Delete
  8. We are so fortunate to have access to such good food. I smile when you mention your chicken meals. It was the same for us with the last chicken I roasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you when I wrote it! You're a believer in cooking and growing food.

      Delete
  9. I figured the photo was inside a musical instrument as I've tried things like that before!
    A grown up indeed! That was a great comment.

    I'm making a soup with leftovers and dehydrated veggies from this summer. I packed it with dried mushrooms I picked out of the woods too. Your soup looks awesome.
    Today I can see !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing you in here is a treat, the very day after the second cataract surgery! I wondered if the photographer blogistas would have tried experiments like the inside the cello shot.

      Delete
    2. I've tried a lot of experiments and many weren't very good, but some get wonderful results! The first eye was the hardest as it is the dominant eye. Now that they are both working, my brain is much happier!

      Delete
  10. I own a cello so I immediately recognizes the light pattern! You made the very most of 'waste not want not' with the chicken. The glove looks soft. The little rich children. A very apt description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you play cello? Is this yet another Sandra talent?

      Delete
  11. I really love that green. You certainly got your moneysworth from that chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, amazing amount of meat on it. And the soup is great, just trying it today.

      Delete
  12. Catching up here - recognized inside a string instrument and Tigger is impressed with your chicken stretching; he watches F do that and finally chuck the bones out for the fox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting view inside the cello, no? It's quite disturbing in a way.

      Delete
  13. The Misfits box of goodies looks wonderful. And someone will love those green gloves...they look lovely and soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misfits quality is excellent, no loss since they took over imperfect foods. I hope the gloves find a good home.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!