Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Meanwhile, back at the farm

Strawberries and raspberries in. Open from noon to sold out. I got there at five after, was in long line, distanced, masked. Everyone except the farm people.

Got to chat briefly with a friend in line, once she told me who she was behind the hat and mask and glasses, and the farm owner. And came away with strawberries and raspberries, probably best for jam this year, not a great fruit season up to now.



Just a brief fairly normal interlude. Grateful that the noises I hear are farm and landscape equipment.

Handsome Son is expected this afternoon with groceries, and a plan for tea and snack while he's here.  We meet on the patio, haven't yet been in each other's homes since shutdown. So the weather has to cooperate.

10 comments:

  1. I just went to the grocery store and when I got back I just stood in the yard for a few minutes, looking up and around me, taking in the greens and the blue of the sky, listening to the birds and crickets and I was so glad to be home again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to remember to take that minute to just enjoy.

      Delete
  2. I hope the weather continued to cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today it did. And up to now no mosquitoes, a rare blessing. A lot of active birds hopping around us and the fence, at the birdbath and the feeder, completely ignoring the people.

      Delete
  3. I don't know about you, but these kinds of fairly normal interludes feel remarkable these days. I don't necessarily realize it in the moment, but the way they lift my spirits for hours afterwards is very much noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true. I think it's important to notice any little event that feels good, so we don't get overwhelming by sorrow and fear.

      Delete
    2. I’m grateful daily for my tiny garden and for being able to so closely tend and enjoy her these last few months. Strawberries, herbs and veg all coming along. And yesterday a housefinch sat on my porch and sang for a good six minutes. So grateful.

      Delete
    3. Mare, how wonderful to see you in here. I've been thinking about you lately. Please be in touch with news of Anthony and your SO. And any pets around the place.

      Delete
  4. mmmm - they look so good! Glad you were able to get some to enjoy. Will be awhile yet before they're available here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our season is a bit limited this year because of late spring frosts, but it's so good to see fruit appearing.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!