Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Gardening to keep my balance

I transplanted the Roma tomato seedlings which were outgrowing the egg carton, and I think about 100% germination.



New potting soil mixed with old, screening to guard against squirrels.




Watering through the screening breaks up the stream and works like a fine spray, so it doesn't dislodge the teeny plants. I'll separate them further in a while. If they succeed, my friends next door will get some.



Speaking of which, the squash are steaming along, and if I train them towards the neighbor's patio, they can harvest them and cut out the middlegardener.

I'm literally tending to my own patch, to do my bit, for a small area of peace on earth.

7 comments:

  1. That's what we're doing. It is good in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too early for tomato plants here yet but I planted the kale and cabbage plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm literally tending to my own patch, to do my bit, for a small area of peace on earth". Yes! Thank you for this.

    Cheers,
    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as if we're of one mind, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A small area of peace on earth - what we all need in present times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness - our tomatoes are just about done here. We might get another couple weeks but that's all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours are still a pleasure to come. Every year the first tomato sliced with mozzarella, great.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!