Monday, January 6, 2020

Cats ahoy!

Now that I am catless, it's an occasional pleasure to take care of a couple of friends' cats for a few days.

I had a home-visiting petcare business for many years, until 9.11 ended it, different story, will explain on request.

Meanwhile it means I literally tended hundreds of animals of  many species over the years and never once did even the shyest one fail to come out to play. 

Owners would say you'll never meet Fluff, he only comes out for me, but let me me just find a picture of him -- oh, there he is on your head!

This week's kitties no exception. You'll never see Mao, he hides all the time, she said..

Mao and Phinnie, his partner in crime, both out on every visit, Mao on the counter, insisting on petting, headbutting me, pushing his head into my hand, usual performance of a confident cat.
Phinnie looking on with his best spawn of Satan gaze.




Every scrap of food eaten. I think they're okay.

7 comments:

  1. You and I seem to have the same affect on animals. Guess that means we're special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case, they know a pushover when they see one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, You have the good soul cats feel safe with, kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I think they do feel secure. I've been around so many animals, and they're like little kids left with experienced preschool teachers, calm because she's calm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures. Cats do "get it" about people. And as you say, you're calm about it all.

    My big fluffy Charlie is, indeed, uncomfortable around strangers but now and then one will connect with him--usually a woman, or a man with a less than heavy boomy voice. And if they get hungry enough I suspect most cats will sigh a deep sigh and head for the dish, no matter who puts it down. Food, the ultimate winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the element of loneliness can get in when the owner's away. Then even a stranger is better than nothing. And if they put down food, as you say, that clinches it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You notice that they feed on top of the counter, a departure from the usual practice. That's because there are two dogs in residence normally, away at another relative this week.The cats wouldn't get a look in if their dishes were at dog level.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!