Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Take a break, they said. But first..

Today I am Not Going to Move Anything. I need a break from downsizing and deciding and getting anxious.

But first, these items have already been accepted by the library. Art books, classical music CDs. Either for the collection or the next book sale.


So I'll take them in this afternoon when I go to my knitting group.

After that I'm taking the rest of the day off.

If you like a bit of encouragement about self care, from a world-class sewist and costume maker and worrier, Cathy Hay, she has a great YouTube channel. She's why I'm taking a break. Cathy said to.

7 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention I'm wearing the new cords, perfect fit, must make a note of the mfr, and the cardi today. Just smugly sayin'. I do well at the thriftie because not so much competition for small sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Books seem to leave my house in stages. And they've quit coming in in droves. I used to work booksales at the library, but haven't for a couple of years now. I also don't shop them nearly as often and am much more selective about what I bring home when I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to borrow library books much more than acquire them these days, so the incoming stream is a trickle. It makes it easier to cope. And there is a literal lightening effect from donating many pounds of books, as well as the psychological one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My incoming and outgoing pretty much match but I do go through closets, shelves and drawers at least twice yearly to cull. My life is easier because I'm more aware of only having what I need. Thanks for sharing on my blog today,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing what you need rather than what you want, is big. This kind of major downsizing really brings you face to face with that. Not always comfortable!

    It was good visiting on your blog, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever would we do without the library - both for borrowing AND sharing. I have learned to avoid the book sales though - altogether too much temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy was the booksale fiend. I only go to them in search of blank, even handmade, books. People get them as gifts, don't use them, eventually donate them to the libe, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!