Sunday, January 19, 2020

Bark and bite working together

Early for Valentine's day, which I extend to everyone. It's for friends, neighbors, acquaintances, not just couples!

So I got ahead with a bit of candy making. I rarely do this, made toffee about five years ago, not a good idea to have it around a lot.

But I was given homemade peppermint chocolate bark at Christmas, and thought I'd like to try it. It's about as complicated as making a sandwich.

I just melted white chocolate chips with a drop of peppermint essence in a small pan over hot water, spread it on tinfoil, melted darker chocolate chips in the same pan, no need to wash, poured that over the first layer, cooled it a while then forked designs into the dark layer, broke it up randomly.






A few pieces in the fridge, cook's privilege, the rest in the freezer till VDay giving happens.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I love the simplicity of this, and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very good. Ghiradelli, nice brand. I was surprised at how well it came out. Some of the recipes are full of warnings about the things that can go wrong, and I disregarded them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I'm with Becki in the mmmmmm. It wouldn't last till V's Day here, in the freezer or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too hard for me to resist chocolate. Not a fan. At least not the dark. I eat a bit because it's good food, but it's not appealing to me. Caramel now, that's a different matter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!