I looked out this morning and there was the car, gone. The car fairies must have been out early. It was there last night.
I was doing more visible mending Monday, and found I'm darning darns at this point
These socks are warm house socks, definitely worth mending till the original sock vanishes into the darns.
I have looked everywhere, everywhere, for the peanut butter bar recipe and it has vanished. So I'll reconstruct it, per request.
18 minutes or till edges are brown, in 350°f oven.
Heat over moderate flame, stirring, quarter cup honey, quarter cup molasses (or maple syrup for a lighter taste) half cup smooth peanut butter, till all blended, add one tsp vanilla, half tsp salt, tsp pumpkin spice, stir, then two cups rolled oats, stir off heat till all blended. I also added in ground flaxseed. You could fling in other seeds and nuts.
Then parchment paper in pan, I used a glass pan, just guessed the medium size would work, spread the mixture, pressing down.
Bake as above, cool 10 minutes in the pan, on wire rack, then use the parchment paper to lift out the mix, to cut into bars. I used a pizza wheel to cut. Store in airtight container. If there's anything left to store.
I expect the recipe will now reappear. I'm pretty sure I didn't skip any steps.
The recipe reappeared, doh. The source Forks over Knives.com, a plant based website. I'm glad I can credit it now.
I liked this recipe because it's unfussy. So now you have two options, the real one and my version.
The needle arts group had two new members, mom and little girl, who both plunged in and learned to knit in no time. I didn't get the child's picture, security purposes. And other great works are underway.
Chat ranged over resistance, whistles against ICE, one member took a yellow whistle for her neighbors, learning to knit, dpns, the upcoming library needle arts display, cats, car sales, children's names, spool knitting, Friends of Pine Ridge, westernized Chinese names, and more.
Then home, courtesy of driving friend, cold rainy afternoon, to Textiles and Tea with nuno silk felter, Patti Barker
She creates wearable art and one of a kind wearable art coats, on themes of women's lives, struggles and needs -- see the coat of many pockets!
She addresses climate issues and nature in her costumes. There's a lot of meaning behind her work.
Ocean Crone
Stained glass effect
Me Too, features missing to show what was stolen
Earthquake, wildfire and tsunami
Moth and another winged insect
Dragon skin
pockets on top of pockets! She's working on a hundred-pocket coat
here's a felted silk lattice scarf like the one she's wearing
A few of her artworks behind her in the studio
Go to her website for more.
Happy day everyone, mine was full of incidents. I hope yours was. Good incidents, that is.

























Patti Barker is brilliantly talented.
ReplyDeleteShe's such a happy person, too, who plunged into fiberarts to recover after being widowed, and recover her happiness. I really like her work.
DeleteThose felted art coats are simply AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteDon't you just want to sweep around making entrances in any of them?
DeleteNow you see it, now you don't. Thanks for sharing the peanut butter bar recipe. It looks good!
ReplyDeleteThe recipe is the least fussy of the several I found. You might like it for a handy snack.
DeleteFantastic textiles. Love the stained glass styles. And I may just try making those granola bars, they sound delicious!
ReplyDeleteThe silk stained glass fabric is wonderful also paradoxical. Go for the bars -- they're good.
DeleteThere was an interesting article about people buying a single ice scraper at a business which encourages ice raids in their stores. The scrapers cost less than a dollar and then purchasers return them, unused, for a refund. It is amazing how people are fighting back!
ReplyDeleteHome depot! Getting a bit of retaliation, totally jamming them up with legitimate 17c purchases and legitimate returns. It was very imaginative. Businesses who defer to a wannabe dictator out of fear are finding it doesn't pay. Good.
DeleteI like some of those coats!
ReplyDeleteI like all of them! I don't exactly have a life where they'd be in rotation, but I can dream.
DeleteThe stained glass dress drew my attention.
ReplyDeleteIt's the transparency of the silk that gives that great light passing through the colors.
DeleteAbsolutely gobsmacked at Ms. Barker's art. Just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteIsn't she great? I think Maggie might like those costumes.
DeleteI've been looking for a new idea for breakfast, so I'll definitely be trying the peanut butter granola bars. Thanks! I'll be making the tofu katsu fingers for dinner tonight. Those seem like a nice way to start our holiday weekend. Lovely textiles you showed here. I like that many of the photos show movement. The pocket coat is intriguing and looks like it's made of felted wool, though I'm guessing it's woven. Very meaningful work!
ReplyDeleteAll the artworks are felted silk roving, wonderful!
DeleteI may be having tofu katsu today too. With dipping sauce, Will has definitely won me over to dipping sauce. I asked him if he might write a booklet on sauces and he's thinking about it, yay.
I sometimes eat food just because of its accompanying sauce. I'd definitely be interested in a sauce booklet by Wil! Ah, felted silk roving. I really wish I could touch those works.
DeleteI'm going to give those granola bars a go this morning. It's cold here, 7F, so a good morning to stay inside. It will warm up a little after lunch and I'll walk the dogs then.
ReplyDeleteThose clothes are amazing works of art.
Let us know how the bars go. And that's pretty cold. I expect even the dogs would like it a bit warmer for walking.
DeleteCan you use quick oats in that recipe?
ReplyDeleteWow! those are beautiful and colorful clothes! I look pretty boring in my gray sweatpants and sweatshirt! ;)
I don't know about the oats, never used them. But I expect you can try it and see. Let us know how it goes.
DeleteYes, I'm here in white sweater, black pants. But my socks are bright, so there's that.
Interesting wearable art! It must feel great to have the car finally gone.
ReplyDeleteIt's great, particularly since friends are offering rides without being aside. Nice.
DeleteThe wearable art is for gala wear! And certainly the costumes are MetGala.
Asked, not aside. It said asked till I hit publish then changed. Arghgh
DeleteSome of those coats are wonderful and I wish I had the gumption to wear such things. I suspect they'd make me look like the broad side of a barn.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet it came as a bit of a shock to look out this morning to see the empty parking space. And a relief too.
I love the coats and I think I'd need to be a foot taller to carry them off.
DeleteMy first thought when I saw the space was that I hoped the right people took it!! Then I thought not my circus, their risk, not my property. Fine!
I love all your photos! The stained glass....wow!
ReplyDeleteIsn't the stained glass effect amazing?
DeletePatti Barker is very talented. Favorite is the stained-glass window dress.
ReplyDeleteHer work is wonderful, so talented. I think a lot of people go for the stained glass pieces.
DeleteNice to not have to worry about the car anymore.
ReplyDeleteYour knitting group is always interesting.
All the stained glass effect clothings really caught my eye!
Thanks for both the recipes. :)
It's a freeing feeling not to be concerned about the car, yes. I seem to have remembered the recipe pretty well, but I thought I'd better cover myself by giving both!
Delete