Saturday, February 1, 2020

The Shelley teaset revealed

Handsome Son and Across the street Neighbor got three bookcases, including a very big one,


muscled out of the house today. Son brought a couple of folding bookcases down from the third floor, so..

My near the front door but not visible from it shoes, key basket, glove and miscellaneous stuff container is now here, compact, much better.



Upstairs two packed bookcases are now reduced to two shelves. Here



And the little teaset made its debut here



First in the box, nestled in organic cotton roving, soft and lovely and so short a staple that nobody I know can spin it. About an inch. Compared to the several inch staples of spinnable roving. I use it as packing or stuffing.


Then carried downstairs, unwrapped and set out.



It's what collectors call desirable -- complete, and perfect condition. Stocks pattern. So if one shows up cash in hand, they can take it away. I'm just not up for shipping fragile goods these days.

Meanwhile I'll happily play Downton Abbey in the afternoons with my tiny teacups.

5 comments:

  1. Keep what you love, Liz. Just because it's not entirely practical, you get pleasure from some things, and that's what it's all about. I think, as we get older, the things that please us somehow please us more.

    That is a beautiful little tea set. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, to that. I'm just now getting to what I wanted in the house! All the previous downsizing was about stuff other people had unloaded on us over the years, and which is easy to see off the premises. So I'm getting to what I want, not what I've been putting up with. An observation which fits a lot of situations, come to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've accomplished a lot. The cat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for both! The cat finally ended up at my house after being passed around the neighborhood. She's out on the step in mild weather, and she's become a local landmark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for getting rid of the contents AND the bookshelves. That's a big win! The tea set is pretty - and why shouldn't you use it and enjoy it. I like what you said: "I'm getting to what I want, not what I've been putting up with". Such a great philosophy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!