Saturday, February 15, 2020

Soup for a bitter winter's day

Today sunny with a breathtakingly icy wind. great day for soup.

Here's carrot, cashew, sunflower seed, ginger soup. With onions, garlic, plenty of fresh ginger, kosher salt, dash of cayenne. Chicken stock. I expect it would be vegetarian or maybe even vegan if you used water.



This is thick  and warming, very welcome. And, as you see I made a big pot, several meals there.




 And with whole-wheat/oat bread, it was great. Some of this may go to friends, too.

4 comments:

  1. I just came from a soup tasting fund raiser! What a fun way to fill up and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of chili cookoffs, wine tasting, but never soup. I'd go for that. We're they homemade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is very filling. One bowl and one slice of bread is a full meal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!