Sunday, February 23, 2020

Further PVC fun. Well, maybe.

So I needed a second sweater rack, taller and wider, for bigger sweaters. And I had a nice 10ft length of 1.5" PVC pipe just standing about waiting for work. And a bunch of connectors.


Note the spare bed is a workbench.

So I cut one 36" and two 30" lengths, still have a bit left over. And went and attached a wrong connector to the end of the longest piece, the crossbar.

Which wouldn't have been a problem if I'd had a spare connector of that type. I only needed two, I only had two, and I found I'd picked up the wrong section, doh. Because they're close in size I thought I'd picked up a side member, which would have been fine.



It still wouldn't have been a problem, if there hadn't been the remains of masking tape on the pipe from the days when it was a curtain rail. Said tape clung fiercely, I couldn't shift the connector even with pliers. Took it to my strong nextdoor neighbor who also couldn't.

So it needs a shopping trip. For one connector.  Insert profanity here. But dear neighbor says he'll pick one up, and cut this one off the pipe. It will shorten it slightly but it's not significant. Then maybe I can get on with this fifteen minutes tops (!) project.

That was a first.

So now I'm going to flounce away and make egg and chips (fries) for supper. With ketchup.

14 comments:

  1. As always... I love reading and seeing the process. I have a feeling if I come along on very many of your PVC adventures I'll be making something of my own soon. ;^) I really did like the clothing rack you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PVC is a great invention. It must have saved me hundreds of dollars over the years. And provided some harmless fun. And kept me off the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those this will only take a few minutes" projects! My husband worked for 2 hours on a cabinet door that would not close properly. Now it closes--but it's crooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where you insist the door's fine. It's the cabinet that's crooked.

      Delete
  4. oh this is funny. And I agree about the pvc pipe. Now Im thinking, what a neat drying rack that would make. I have one here that I bought many years ago and it's beginning to sag in the middle (and dont we all, after awhile) and wobble around the legs (ditto). I just may look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just put the right connector on the right bit is all I can say. The funny thing is that I made the other one on my way to do other things. It was almost accidental. Maybe that's the approach. Sneak up on it.

    It would make a great drying rack, rustproof, rotproof, lightweight. And you can take it apart and make something else of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see you flouncing as I would love to enjoy egg and chips with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you'd been here we'd have been falling down laughing at the whole scene! And we could have shared the eggnchips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it always the way that the simple projects end up taking way more time than they should.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!