Thursday, February 27, 2020

Still winter after all

It looks sunny and mild out there. Fake news. It's icy and a brisk wind. Walk reduced to a trip to the mailbox.

And since there were no breadlike items in the house and I didn't feel like seriously working on bread, I made a batch of hot biscuits, whole-wheat and oats.


 With golden raisins and walnuts.


The interesting piece of architecture on the plate is a biscuit, very tender, hard to split, containing butter and marmalade. Nice pot of English breakfast. Taking a break from the portable studio in the background.

6 comments:

  1. A very enjoyable tea break there, I hope it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I'd been working harder than I realized. The break was welcome.

      Delete
  2. Very nice break. Cold weather has not left us yet either although I think we're heading for temps in the 70F degrees range next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I saw a few daffodil spikes coming through the ground cover. Brave flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rustic biscuits - the best. Rustic bread too. Yum. (thanks for this - now I'm hungry!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good when baked goods break up to describe them as rustic or artisanal..

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!