Friday, February 7, 2020

Full disclosure ahead of Valentine's day

That batch of chocolate peppermint bark I made? I kept testing it, a piece here, a piece there. Until I discovered I'd tested it all.

I blame it on the white chocolate which I find I love. I don't like "real" chocolate with the high cacao content that's good for you.

So, today I thought I'd better replace it, this time for other people to eat.



And I had a great time, three layers swirled and marbled, too hard to break by hand, my thumb being a bit out of commission.




 Hence the mallet in the picture. Hitting is fun.



It looks like a stone quarry at the end of a shift. The pale areas are the white chocolate with red food coloring and a bit of the dark mixed in.

This was a consolation for bad weather, wind, rain, falling tree warnings, keeping me away from my knitting group.



And I will be sure to share.

17 comments:

  1. kinda like when I bust up a 10 pound slab of microcrystalline wax. I have to put it in the freezer first though if I want it to break up instead of absorb the hammer blows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun, too. A lot of my art involves hitting and banging stuff. Metal etc. Amuses me when people think art is a quiet, gentle occupation. Well, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest you make a double batch of testable bark, one for you, one for them one for you, one for them...I love that stuff but like your cornbread my days of chocolate (white especially) bingeing are over. I'll take white over dark any day of the week. Or all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As if I weren't in enough trouble, I'm now learning how to make origami containers for giving with bark in them. To a select few. Origami not being a great skill for me, the few keeps getting fewer.

      Delete
  4. It was. The marbling and playing was great. I practically wore it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine that is as delicious as it is beautiful. I'd like to taste test it to confirm that, though. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it will require extensive testing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Testing is essential to good cooking.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now I am craving chocolate. Badly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's the shapes. They make you want to check it out. I'm not a fan of chocolate, but this is somehow better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Testing is very important. *serious face *

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can quite understand you needing to test so thoroughly - just in case it made someone sick!! Your latest batch looks very edible too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marrianne! So great to see you again! The vday chocolate has been well received up to now. No returns.

    Handsome son visited this evening for a dinner of the Three C's. Chili, cornbread chocolate. Gave excellent reviews to everything, and is hoping for an encore soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great dinner all round. Haven't seen much of you on Rav and I haven't been here for a while. Hoping to get back into a routine of checking in on my favourite blogs.

      Delete
  13. I'm not so active on Rav at the moment, so you could definitely miss my eyeblink appearances there. Very happy to see you wherever, though.

    The chili dinner got a very good review from Handsome Son.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!