Monday, December 23, 2019

Merry and peaceful Christmas everyone who celebrates.

And a happy and peaceful Wednesday to our friends who celebrate other festivals. Happy Hanukkah, which falls alongside Christmas this year. I saw a lovely Kwanzaa display today. And we don't forget that Christmas was once a pagan festival and for some of us it's still celebrated that way. In fact the Christmas tree is really a pagan observance. So let's all enjoy it all.





My decorations are small and quiet, but you'll see old favorites, three creches, felt stars, tiny stocking stuffers from handsome son's childhood, a woven star on top.




However you celebrate, alone, in a small family, in a crowd scene, I'm sending waves of good will and thanks for our interactions this year. Enjoy, and remember to show good will to yourself, too.




5 comments:

  1. I only realized that tomorrow is Christmas Eve when I got a reminder email about my glaucoma test at 930AM. Some might say this is an unusual way to begin the holiday festivities...and I would be among them. Crazy rescheduling of a thrice-rescheduled appointment due to an insurance mix-up that was my own darned fault. So I saved up all my pre-Christmas errands to do after my eye appointment tomorrow and I'm sure the streets will be quiet and the other shoppers will be relaxed and polite and it will all be just FINE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a good hope. Such a seasonal appointment! Let's hope the errands are less clinical and more festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours - may it be peaceful and filled with good things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated Merry Christmas! I came by to return the blog visit and thank you for taking the time to comment on mine. I looked at your other blog too, and really like the upcycle idea for the cashmere sweater! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. How good of you to visit. I'm looking forward to reading more in your blog, too.

    Happy New Year, and a good winter to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!