Monday, December 23, 2019

Great clearing happened and happy shopping too..

Handsome Son's birthday gift to me was a block of time on Saturday carrying, sorting, hauling, stuff all over the house. Emptying cabinets I can't get all the way into, that sort of thing.

Several hours, stopping for one tea break. Much stuff at the dumpster area for anyone to pick over before the haulers came today. A carload to take to the thriftie this morning.

He ended up by springing for a pizza which he collected and served. It was a great gift. I cautioned him that I may ask for a repeat in a few weeks, as a Christmas gift..

So today I went to the thriftie two towns away, but the usually heavy traffic was fine, the thriftie was manageable, emptied my  car,and I even did a bit of shopping.




$7.99, cashmere twin-set. My Christmas outfit. To go with my pearls ( not thriftie) which  come out on festive occasions when I might want to clutch them. 

I think I'm going to be in costume as the respectable murderer in an Agatha Christie mystery, who wipes out half the village before the detective catches on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lovely prize!
    And if you add reading glasses and some knitting, you can SOLVE the murders instead ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!