Sunday, January 21, 2018

Snowdrops, always a happy sight

Out each day since the bitter cold abated, to poke about and see if my snowdrops are starting yet.  I planted a new batch in the fall, to add to the sturdy six that come up every year.  And today there are a few little noses showing.  Here's a drone's eye view.




Not sure if they are the old guard or the new arrivals.  I had to replant a couple which had heaved to the surface in the cold, despite the warm coat of leaves, but they were still growing fine.

And this reminds me that it's time for a walk down to the park to see if I can find any witchhazel in flower.  That time of year. It's exciting that some plants flower in deepest winter.

Since I started this post, I took a walk, and found the witchhazel as hoped, now sharing space with the catkins



The sedum already has tiny rosettes buried deep under the leaves and pachysandra.  It never sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!