Friday, January 12, 2018

Woman proposes, God disposes

So last October I met an artist friend I hadn't seen for ages, and invited her to afternoon tea.  Pause while we set up a possible date. Then she got sick and had to postpone for a long time while she dealt with that.  Then she got back and we set up a date in the new year.  That turned out to be the bomb cyclone sideways snow day. So we postponed another week. That would be today. Then her furnace went south, and the only day she could get the repairman in is, yes, today.  We shall prevail.  I have now put her food goodies back in the freezer till the season thereof.

So this freed up a bit of time for other pursuits, aside from practicing recorder, which is incredibly rusty after weeks of postponement there, too, similar reasons.

And reading.  And I just finished another Joanna Trollope.  That's a good way of putting it, since she's a steady reliable predictable writer, a good cosy read.  This one was a bit irritating to start, until I got into the characters and stopped being so judgy about them. Good for a rainy day.



And the Printmaker's Daughter, nearest I could get to dogonart's recent recommendation, only thing by Katherine Govier in my libe, a novel set in the Edo period, which involves all kinds of famous rl printmakers. This should be fun, haven't started yet. 

The warm day and rain have washed away the snow, so I'm going to get waterproofed and go out in search of my snowdrops, just in case anything's showing yet.  And to cut a couple of branches from next door friend's catkin shrub, to bring in and force.

1 comment:

  1. Those two warm days were so welcome, and got me ready for more snow, which came overnight and continues to fall. Inside projects here this weekend for sure. I wish I could get back into reading novels, but cannot get my head into that space any more. Odd, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!