Sunday, July 8, 2018

Peppermint harvest and geranium discovery

On care package run to handsome son, now down with flu, it seems to be going around, I found a stand of peppermint growing all over, where long ago a misguided neighbor had planted it in the ground, rather than a pot.

So I picked a few stems to replant in water then a pot, my own having sort of vanished, and with the leaves I took off, made a great Sunday morning drink back home. Spoonful of lemon ginger marmalade mixed with glass of water, peppermint leaves torn and added. Good for flu convalescing.



Back home I did a bit of pruning, and found that what I had thought was spearmint was, on closer inspection, rose geranium, another lovely flavoring for desserts. I had it years ago, lost track, then it shows up now. Surprising that in such a small area you can lose plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!