Thursday, March 19, 2015

GROW YOUR BLOG DAY 2015

Welcome to new readers, and thank you for coming back, regular readers and commenters.  See the button to your right, which takes you to the blog of the fearless leader of this annual event, Vicki, of Two Bags Full, whose idea is to introduce blogs to new readers and readers to blogs they might never have found before.

Meanwhile, back here, this blog is what you might call wide ranging, from stories of my houseplants and the adventures of being the neighborhood Plant Clinic Lady, not a job I applied for







To book reviews and why I liked or didn't what I'm currently involved in reading




To food and the adventures I have in the kitchen, creating and improvising all kinds of dishes, particularly with vegetables from my farmshare, and the occasional recipe review from other people's books



To the resident pets, Marigold the Burmese and Duncan, the Big Black Cat, and, watch this space, there may be a new resident chez Boud before too long, a singing one..


 Marigold here suspiciously checking on a mouse I knitted from yarn I'd spun



 And Duncan assisting with stick weaving

To all kinds of crafty and home decorish ideas usually low or no-budget ones

 No cost rearrangement to free up counter space



 No cost arrangement to provide myself with lower counter space to accommodate my lack of inches.

To my local walks in a beautiful region








Local events get in here, too, here the Italian American festival of 2014, best food evah




and last but they would say far from least, to the life and times of the Dollivers, my five character dolls, Blondie Firstborn, Dreads, Call Me Michelle, Bette Davis and NameMe, who have adventures in Field and Fen, get about all over the place, pose everywhere, and have their traveling accompanist, pianist Elton, who creates popup concerts on request.

They have an extensive wardrobe, thanks to their endless demands on Boud to create outfits, knitted, crocheted, stitched and draped, for every new venture


  
Serious weight training, left to right NameMe, Dreads, Call Me Michelle, Bette Davis, Blondie Firstborn




 Birdwatching at Cape May


 Doctor's office visit


  
2014 Westminster Dog Show at home, with Dog Wrangler Name Me dolled up to show her kennel, see the Westminster winner at her feet, from the Dolliver Kennels



NameMe is active in the kitchen, too, here making pasta from scratch



 She left the resident agility mixed breed in charge of the Easter eggs




 Pianist Elton leads a singalong



Friend in both art and music, Stefi accompanies the singers dressed in their best black





 And here the assembled company welcomes back the Chilean miners to safety, wearing sympathy hard hats



They love a wedding, note the fascinator worn by Bette Davis


This blog also comes with a little gift to be drawn at random from your comments on this blogpost.  To see it, scroll back a post or two..how cunning I am, forcing you to read more..but be aware that you don't need to sign up as a follower, though I'd love you if you did, and that you don't need a blog in order to be in the drawing for the little giftie.  

All you need do is put a comment in here.  Drawing will be on February 15th, when I'll announce the lucky winner and request an address to ship to.

And thank you so much for stopping by today, please browse here and enjoy the fun.

20 comments:

  1. good morning. It's nice to meet you and see your lovely blog. I would love a chance to be a winner of your giveaway. I am a lover of nature walks, new recipes and good books as well. I am a new follower and looking forward to visiting you again. Please feel free to stop by my blog and follow if you would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Boud - I was hoping for an action-packed Dolliver post! Or should that be a Dolliver-packed action post? Either way, nice to see them living The Life. They get out more than I do!
    And Mr. Duncan takes his stick weaving Very Seriously, doesn't he?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is funny and charming, makes me wish I werent a member so I could be one =)
    and yes, I agree with Quinn, the Dollivers do get around, don't they--makes me feel like such a stay at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings ~ Your ears must ring on the last Wed of every month when MA, Irene and I get together for our ATC group. There is generally a discussion about your blog, what you are cooking and your adventures in needlework. I have been reading it for a long time but never got enough nerve to comment until lately. Love it!
    Sue
    aka Mrs Noofy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Boud, it is so nice to meet you! I am Beth one of the Grow Your Blog helpers this year. I love the adventures your dolls made... very well travelled indeed! :D Kitties are always so much fun to have around and the best love bugs on the planet, in my humble opinion! I hope you have fun this year and make lots of new friends on your blog travels.
    Hugs,
    Beth P
    The Whimsical Dowager for Vicki at 2Bags Full - Grow Your Blog Party

    ReplyDelete
  6. The acorns are beautiful, but oh how I was hoping for a sister to one of your ladies. I would love someone to go on adventures with. And shame on you for trying to blame those perfectly innocent baby's for such a mischievous deed as playing with your glasses.

    You will be seeing more of me positively. I can always use another humorous friend.
    Blessings
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute "other" blog... although just as arty as your art one! And what fun finding two new blogs to follow this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love to scroll back to see what other things you have going on. Those acorns are fantastic.

    You have a lovely and very eclectic blog. Your dolls and your cats seem to take center stage, which puts a BIG smile on my face.

    Loved this first time visit, from GYB. http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/01/grow-your-blog-blog-hop-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Dollivers! I signed up to follow you, and look forward to more adventures. :) Thank you for the giveaway! sarah@forrussia.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    By the way - I LOVE ACORNS!!!!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Boud - "Russian Salad" pointed me your way a couple of years ago, but I fell off writing and reading blogs for a bit. I'm going to add you to my favorites so the reminder will be there.

    I like your blog quite a lot - and I know you're a crafty person much like myself, so I'll be watching to see what kind of things you'll be doing. The Dollivers are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun to visit with the Dollivers again - haven't seen them for a little while and I was wondering what trouble they had managed to get themselves into. Enjoy the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, yay. I have finally managed to catch up with all of your blog posts. Very, very busy pre-Christmas when I was having strange problems leaving comments, then a holiday. I seem to have lost the routine I used to have when dropping by.

    Have loved reading every word. My condolences at the loss of your friend. Your cooking has me salivating every time even if you use ingredients not that appealing to me, pics are as fab as ever as are the Dollivers in their exploits.

    Please continue. xxx

    ReplyDelete

  14. Visiting via GYB from St. John's, NL Canada. Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well I love this blog and your posts...I have been laughing out loud for the past hour and you now have a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the adventures of the Dollivers... have followed you to enjoy more of their antics!

    Hopped over from GYB

    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! I love all your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blessings from Cape Coral, Fl! I am a new follower and a dollmaker. What a warm blog you have! I'll be back! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like a lot of variety too! Thank you for sharing your wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a busy and fun life you must have!

    t_ktl at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!