Saturday, September 26, 2026

Nor'easter incoming, but soup and flowers


I had a nice chat on Thursday with Jeff, the Misfits driver and we agreed the delivery software was rubbish. 

He said there's a meeting soon and they've had so many complaints about the new software they're thinking of reverting to the old one. He too doesn't like being unable to message his customers. 

So I promised to push again for change and he left my box and wished me a good day. 


Strawberries for jam, perfect with the yogurt, this batch with vanilla, lemon juice and amchur, great flavor.


Eggs for upcoming quiche when the cheese supplies catch up. Potatoes for parboiling and roasting with the remnants of the chicken.  This served several meals then made the stock for my nor'easter soup.



Pumpkin, kale, potato soup, seasoned with shawarma spice mix, salt, Better than Bouillon and cayenne.  Bits of chicken and homegrown chives for garnish 


Lemons because I need more zest and slices. These are beautiful, too big for the supermarket.
Couple of treats got in there, too. A person needs treats now and then.

Thank you for all your bio offerings. Such a talented and varied group, and the invitation's still open. 

The nor'easter will be with us for a couple of days. 

My storm prep consisted of securing the outdoor chairs, bringing in one lightweight item, taking out the trash and recycling, and picking flowers. 

I figured they'd be flattened by wind and rain, so maybe a bouquet was a good idea. Chrysanthemums and Autumn Joy sedum.

Vital for your spirits.

Happy day everyone, stay dry if it applies. I wish we could share the rain around with states that are bone dry.


Every day please 

25 comments:

  1. That sedum is certainly joyful - I bet the late season pollinators love that. It must be humming with bees on a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Standing room only! A whole lot of different insects work on the sedum.

      Delete
    2. Standing room only! A whole lot of different insects work on the sedum.

      Delete
  2. Hope the weather doesn't do any damage. And that you've got some good books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the Nor'easter is not too severe! The weather has turned quite chilly here, so I'm going to roast some root veggies for dinner tonight, along with a nice chicken breast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great dinner. I love roast vegetables.

      Delete
  4. I hope you'll be okay during the storm...email if you like thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the storm won't be too bad and you stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully the storm will pass you by. At least you have a good influx of food so you're prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's here but let's hope it swerves. Meanwhile I'm watching Eliza Scarlet, defective, reading the latest Andy Carpenter and as you say, stocked up with food. And I baked bread today, whole wheat and oats. So all's well.

      Delete
    2. Detective! Bully text changed it. How rude.

      Delete
  7. I didn't know lemons could be too big for a grocery store.
    I hope they can get the app fixed or revert to the old one.
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supermarkets have rigid measurements for produce and will reject items outside their parameters. That's how I get great cheap apples and potatoes, too small. Sometimes oversized veggies go at discount through Misfits, too. Their loss my gain.
      I'm hoping they chuck out the software. It omits vital information.

      Delete
  8. The soup sounds like the perfect meal to enjoy snug and warm in your home.
    I hate it when people fiddle with something that works. Why oh why do they do that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Techies have to prove they're working, I think.

      Delete
  9. Hang onto your hat! Hope your general area doesn't have too much flooding. Sounds like you're all tucked in and cozy for the duration.

    Nice that you caught up with Jeff for a chat before the heavens opened, and that Misfits is reconsidering the software "upgrade".

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up to now it's just steady rain, no high winds. They're what cause the damage usually.
      It was nice to chat with Jeff. He's such a good man.

      Delete
  10. We have a possibility of rain Monday. I want a guarantee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived here, you'd have a guarantee. A threat even.

      Delete
  11. Doesn't look like we're getting rain for a week at least. Not sure whether I would prefer a Nor'easter over that. But yes- a great reason to make soup.
    I would definitely try those chocolate covered cherries.
    Hope they get that software figured out. Too bad you can't be at the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have more than enough rain to go on with. Inches recorded. I keep pushing misfits to revert to the old software, so we'll see how much pressure they get.

      Delete
  12. I'm glad you are prepared for the storm. That soup looks just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!