Today's marked with all kinds of ceremonies and remembrances. My own is a quiet video moment on YouTube by the town fountain. Just breathing.
But I think the real work is to go on living our lives, undeterred by outside forces, still fighting them, but without deforming our daily lives.
Yesterday I was out at the library because the house cleaners were at work at the house. I spent the time partly indoors, making videos and people watching, partly out sitting in the shade by the fountain.
Meanwhile the Misfits delivery arrived and the proof of delivery picture showed it in the hallway inside the open front door, meaning my lovely cleaners had received it. When I got home it was safely indoors, on the counter, still cool.
Then prep happened, yesterday and this morning. Yesterday the masses of kale, washed, torn and frozen.
Then I made jam with the blueberries, diced the ginger, made a sauce of ginger, garlic and soy sauce.
This morning I set up the chicken with soy/ginger/garlic sauce to roast.
And diced the apples to macerate with cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla, and amchur.
And steamed the carrots, ready for quiches or chicken dinners, or something.
This is all part of the resistance, taking care of our health and strength, despite the attacks on both. Just sayin.
All the major players for me yesterday were women, gay and straight, different races and ethnicity. The close friend who drove me yesterday is lesbian and accepts me as an ally in female solidarity. Anyway, there we are.
Happy day everyone, it really can be.










No comments:
Post a Comment
Please read the comments before yours and see if your question is already answered!