Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Easter and Passover close together this year, so Happy Spring, too!

This is the season of decorating Easter eggs.  Only doing five this year, all spoken for already.  And I only had five white eggs in the house anyway.  This means omelettes this week, too.  Pictured is stage two, after I blew the eggs, collected the contents, then rinsed out the shells so that the eggs will be permanently good.


I thought it would be good to do marbling, never done that with eggs, though I've done various decorating ideas with the annual egg caper.  And it was a time to try out a new marbling kit of paints, which came complete with Japanese instructions...but there were bits of translation,too.  Marbling is pretty obvious, though, no need for a lot of explanation.



This isn't strictly marbling, since I did the classic thing of the designs on the water, but then while the shells were still wet, dropped more ink onto them.  I may give them another coat of something, too, not sure yet.   


And of course, waste not, want not, I dipped a couple of sheets of paper in, to make the cards that will accompany the eggs to their destinations. Then dropped more ink onto the wet paper.  It's very cool to see how the colors react to one another, some being more aggressive in seizing space than others.

So Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Good Spring, inclusive wishes to all blogistas!  I missed Nowruz, but I'm including it here, as another Spring celebration.

3 comments:

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!