Friday, March 30, 2018

Banana bread without all its bananas

So I urgently needed banana bread, and found I had one banana, not the required three.  Not even a second banana in evidence.  So it was date, apple and banana bread, and I pronounced it good.






 Always a good idea to have a bag of Granny Smiths, peeled and cut up, in the freezer.  And the fresh dates came, of all things, from CVS!  They're very good, and about the same price as the posh grocery where I used to shop until they were rude.  I get  good almonds, whole, there, too, same packaging, and nice quality. Just shows, when you're browsing for mouthwash, what you might just come across.

Also that bittercress that's growing freely among my plantings, is now a regular food.  Today, chicken salad, with a handful of bittercress and some chives, all cut fine, mixed in.  Good spring tonic as well as salad.  I was told bittercress is a weed, but in my book, wild food is not a weed, it's nature's freegan supply.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!