Friday, April 5, 2019

Some sort of curry type thing

This is a mix of ideas and partly remembered recipes, and it's really good up to now.  Not particularly hot, but really good flavor.



Chickpeas, peach chunks, diced chicken thighs, coconut milk, chicken stock. Spices: Thai red curry paste, salt, cumin, ground cloves, turmeric. Base of diced onions in olive oil.

As usual I cooked the spices with the onions first, except the clove was an afterthought. I tasted this one quite a bit as I went, adjusting.

Now it's simmering while the jasmine brown rice cooks in the background there. So long since I've made a curry, and this is different from the ones I've made with Bill Veach mixed curry powder. I need to make that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!