Thursday, April 11, 2019

Sometimes you need a spot of junk food

Lately I've been thinking about PopTarts, not buying any, but thinking it would be nice..

Then today, on Twitter, Jack Monroe gave a recipe for homemade ones, and, well, this happened.


Just a pastry recipe, roll thin, jam one side, bake, cool, ice. Done. I used the top of the freezer as a pastry surface, worked fine. The jam is my raspberry peach jam.

No sprinkles in the house, so I made some lurid pink icing.


Homemade junk food.

2 comments:

  1. PopTarts are the ONE "food item" that even in my sugar-frosted youth I could never enjoy. But I bet these are tasty :) I put a dollop of mixed berry preserves in my oatmeal today and tried to convince myself the result was doughnut-equivalent. I think your experiment was better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're pretty good. It's literally the only junk food I've ever eaten! My rare excursions into that aisle were only in search of these non-food items. I felt quite depraved making them. Yet they're not much different from iced jam tarts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!