Sunday, December 13, 2015

Cute animal pix, your next present!

I was at Terhune Orchards today, picking up two artworks at the end of an exhibit, and since the day was amazingly warm for December, 70F, seized the day and took a little stroll around the farm, checking in on various animals, pets and working, and kids of both kinds, to share with you.



One goat, two sheep, one goose who strolled across, timing it perfectly, the other goats out there somewhere


  
This might be pyracantha, more knowledgeable gardeners please chime in

 What dogs do on a warm day, completely blocking the steps


 And amusing a small visitor to the farm store


 At the other end of the porch, the cats groom and snooze
 

 And encourage recycling

 
 

 Small tractor driver finishing his day's work.

Me too.  Just a few images to amuse you! in a few weeks we'll probably look back in amazement at these pictures, warm, no wind, no snow.

6 comments:

  1. It may be that the dogs have learned, if you block the path, you just might get some free pats. great pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pix gifts. Warm here (relatively) too, but think the earth is beginning its change of axis, its been almost dark at around 3 to 3.30 pm these last few days. Its all that ice up north melting and shifting the earth's balance.
    FYI Have just finished izzy doll #2....the black face a bit of a challenge. Also madly sniffing! (me, not izzy doll).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice snaps, Liz - I especially like the recycling cats. 40s here today which is just about perfect. I hope it doesn;t get much warmer. If it was 70 I'd be looking like those dogs! Well, like one of them, anyway.
    Thanks for the chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the stroll, what a nice place you have. Winter has to be around the corner. If not we are in for trouble. Not going there. Too many bugs bad crops...oh I just said I wasn't going there didn't I.
    Have a safe and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I must have hit the wrong button. Lost my comment. I enjoyed the stroll and you have a real nice place. I go long winded in the other one anyway.
    Have a safe and joyous Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news on the Izzy dolls, and thank you! And all comments made it into here. Glad you're enjoying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!