Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The lighting of the ficus 2018

Last winter's experiment with tiny white bulbs was lovely until they gave out after about three weeks. Changing the batteries added about a day to their lifespan.



So this year, bigger lights, plugged in, and the ficus is looking festive.  They have different settings, steady, my preference, slow blink, variegated blink, alternating blink,  insanely rapid drive you nuts blink. Seems to me that LED light are better not constantly switched on and off. And I like a peaceful steady glow over there.

So I'm set.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, simple and elegant. And agreed, steady is the way to go.

    My husband's aunt outdid herself one year with lights (I loved her anyway, but...) and she had them flashing on, off, on, off, and the tree rotated and hummed a christmassy tune at the same time. The next year she admitted she had probably gone too far amd went back to statioary and silent. The gods smiled.

    We've not had any decorations for about five years, and frankly I don't miss it. No one comes in to see the tree, and the only passersby have four hooves or wings. Hopefully not both.

    But frankly if I had something that interesting to work with, I could manage a few lights among the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbors all have Diwali lights up, very cheerful, and the flashing blue ones make me think emergency. I do like lights. Used to take hs out every Christmas at night riding to see lights in a nearby historic and quaint town. Very exciting for a little kid going out in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a fan of flashing lights and I absolutely hate those silly inflatable 'things' that people are putting all over their lawns these days. I have an irresistible urge to poke a hole in them. I like pretty little white or blue lights - no flashing, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!