Saturday, November 10, 2018

Next year's vegetable garden for Randy

Yesterday's knitting group was show, tell, give, take, and you remember the collection of seeds from friend's sister? I needed to pass them on, and they will be next year's vegetable garden for Randy, our young self-taught crocheter who makes art, is learning to cook and grow his own food. He was so happy!

Nothing to do with knitting and crocheting unless you count connecting with people as part of the deal.


I did keep a couple for my use, and the recipe file thing will be organized in my kitchen.

Everything else went home with Randy.

2 comments:

  1. I think seeds are a powerful gift. I'm hoping to have an abundance of Candy Roaster Squash seeds from my 2018 garden, but won't be sure til I've eaten more of the squash this Winter. Since it was a bit of a sacrifice to grow only one kind of squash to avoid cross-pollination, I'd like other people share the benefit of my single-squash year. Will probably mention it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was so good to come up with a good recipient. My friend was very happy to hear her sister's seeds went to a good home. She wants to meet him and offer tips, as an old gardener and countrywoman herself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!