Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Another day, another flood...the plumbing saga continues.

So yesterday, finishing up a load of laundry, upstairs, I was in the living room, downstairs, having a peaceful cup of tea.  When suddenly splatter, splatter, sploosh, a cascade of water joins me in the living room, through the ceiling,  all over the floor and the cat, and requiring an instant basin.  The shutoff for the house is right there in the closet, did that, called the plumber who blessedly was at home, and came in five minutes.

After a bit of detective work and trudging about he diagnosed it as a clog in the washing machine drain.  Which accounted for the waterfall downstairs.  As it spun dry, the water rose up, over the drain, down the wall, and directly into the room below.  But he said not a clog, mor likely a small object had fallen, been dropped, in the course of installing the washer a couple of months ago. I also wondered about the plumbing and other handy work done since and wondered if a small tool had fallen down there. It took a bit of dislodging, but he finally managed it, and all is now well.

He tells me the ceiling won't fall.  Which is something, I guess.  My heart and my wallet are struggling to keep up with the excitement around here.

I have to rest on the (beautiful new) deck now and read something quiet and peaceful like a murder mystery.


4 comments:

  1. wow - you're going to be going about casting eyes towards the ceiling wondering what's going to befall you next! Floods aren't supposed to happen in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I daren't look up now in case I jinx it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord. You are having yourself A Time. My fingers are crossed for no further excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. You know things are exciting when you count the days without a drama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!