Tuesday, June 12, 2018

But there's always home cooking

Midst shot and shell, home cooking definitely helps the spirits.

New batch of hot biscuits, with golden raisins in, chocolate button on top, to be split and spread with homemade strawberry preserves from local berries, and labneh. Anywhere you'd use cream cheese, labneh works.



These went over big-time with handsome son visiting last evening to hear the latest dispatch from the plumbing front.

And my deck builder received a little pot of the jam and rushed off to try it.

Afternoon tea on the (beautiful new) deck features these, too. The biscuits, not the son and builder.

4 comments:

  1. Well darn - tea on the new deck with two handsome men would be quite nice I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can dream! But the birds and rabbits and chipmunks play and feed while I'm right there, no fear of me. They see me as furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've had a day with no flooding! That's one....

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I budgeted for the deck, who knew the plumbing bills would dwarf the cost. So glad I did the deck planning first, or I might have had second thoughts about it, and I really love it. It's become my happy place!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!