Friday, May 30, 2014

We said goodbye to Karen late last night

This post is to celebrate having known a wonderful person, who was there for me during Handsome Partner's last illness and death and after, and who had such a full on approach to life.  She brought her sisters into my life, too, and I've become an honorary member of the family.

I visited her every day in the last days since she came home from a hospital stay, and did a lot of backup for her sisters, to save them some stress.  And just two days ago I picked fresh herbs and took them over, pinched and let her sniff and enjoy, and smile a little. That was the last time we were able to talk.

I got the text late last night and went over to sit with her, along with her sisters and arriving relatives.  She still looked beautiful even in death.

She loved the labyrinth, and I was glad to have introduced her to it as a practice.  And she used the finger labyrinth I gave her when she couldn't walk it.  Lovely spirit, so big a part of the neighborhood.  Constantly making me try new tastes and fancy new foodie items!  happily making plans for our joint gardening ventures this year.  Bravely struggling back into work for a couple of final days a few weeks ago.  Many people will miss her.






Celebrate with me, walk the labyrinth if that is your practice, prayers if that is for you, good thoughts if you have other ways of marking this time.  Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Re: a "finger labyrinth": Noteworthy how nearing the end can bring one to tinier and tinier scales of experience. My condolences to the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Karen's passing. Thinking of you and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry for those left behind to grieve her passing. So happy she is now beyond suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences for your wonderful friend's passing. I think it is wonderful that she has lived such a great life and I can tell from your words that she truly will be missed. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated but heartfelt condolences, Boud. It's wonderful that you are focusing on celebrating, rather than mourning, your lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!