Saturday, May 3, 2014

Early spring walk around the house

This morning, despite still being surrounded by roads closed for floods, bridges washed out and other spring phenomena, the flowers are still doing their best, and I took a little walk around the woods and neighbors' gardens and my own first effort at aquiplegia or whatever it is. 

Marigold seized the opportunity to sleep on my newly discarded best cashmere sweater, the day having got warm, and firmly declined to be interested in spring scenery.








 

So here's a virtual walk.  No prizes for matching pix to names:  pansies, English thyme, lemon thyme, grape hyacinth, dogwood, aquiplegia (must check that, it sounds like a medical term meaning inability of limbs to function in water, which would be me, but I digress), sedum.  

This may or may not be a treat  for readers whose spring has not quite got there yet, or readers who are heading into fall...but oh well.  Enjoy anyway!

So I hauled myself out to check and it's aquilegia. Ah, that's better.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the photos immensely, and the trees are utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pictures! The colors!! Ahhhhh.
    Thanks for sharing. You are way ahead of my area in terms of flowers - in fact, I'm more of Marigold's frame of mind, but in lieu of a cashmere sweater, am currently enjoying a heating pad across my back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love aquilegia, commonly known as grannie bonnets over here. They will cross-pollenate and come up with new colour combinations if you leave them to their own devices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for taking me along with you on your walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrgghhh.....here, in my part of the world it snowed all weekend long. And again today. Nice to see you have green grass, flowers, and a lovely shade of purple in that sweater! - Jean in the far frozen north.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - Definitely a treat to see!! The daffodils are just starting here so it's nice to see what's yet to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!