Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Play with your food again!

It's been a while since I played with carving fruit and veggies -- remember the scowling oranges and the bunny made from a giant olive, courtesy of Jacques Pepin?  here's a nice little clip (caution, the sound background is terrible, mute your speakers) showing Ray Duey at work on various fruits and veggies.  He makes animals and flowers and birds out of various edibles.  

This makes me want to try it again!  watch this space...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2paT-glBiw

I have some odd reluctance to carve into food, even if I end up eating it anyway, some remnant of rationing in childhood and the reverence for fresh fruit, I expect.  But it's still fun.

2 comments:

  1. Woe that does look like a lot of fun. I will definitely be watching this space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it might convince some kids to eat their veggies! It's amazing what he does.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!