Friday, August 2, 2013

Lazy lovely summer day

Wonderful day today, hot but not too hot, conferred with neighbors about squirrel which has taken up residence in the kitchen fan vent, on the outside wall, and was assured that he couldn't get any further into the house, and that a lot of other neighbors have similar squirrel nests.  So I contented myself with pulling out a lot of nesting material and banging on the vent cover to annoy the occupant.

Hike on the Preserve, gaggles of kids in summer programs pointing and shouting and pushing one another, so very few birds ventured out, other than turkey vultures gliding on the updrafts high in the air.  Tiger swallowtail butterflies all over.

But on the way back from my hike there across the trail was a red fox.  He stood and studied me for a while, and I studied him, then he turned to face me head on, I suppose to scare me off, and finally he decided that discretion was the better part, and ambled off into the shrubbery.  I know it was a red fox, because as he left, I could see the white tail tip flicking.

Home to big laundry, and work in the studio, to finish up an artist's book, which you can see here, if you like:  http://beautifulmetaphor.blogspot.com/2013/08/new-book-destination-undisclosed.html

Then, being a bit tired with this lazy day, Duncan and I took a lovely long peaceful nap on the sofa, at least I thought I was reading, until I woke up.

Nice glass of moscato and a baked potato for supper, and now I'm off to watch a video about Guarneri and Stradivarius, which I'm hoping will have plenty of sample music in it.

So really I didn't do a thing all day..

 

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm in the minority for thinking that vultures are beautiful - at least when they're in flight. We have a number of them that quite often decide to float around above the river in front of our building...they seem to fly with so little effort, floating on the air currents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a busy day doing nothing. We deserve one of those once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!