Sunday, March 3, 2019

Me, I laugh at the snow

After I finish being annoyed.  Was looking forward to seeing stitcher friends this afternoon, but a large snowstorm is scheduled to start, and I don't fancy driving home in it. 

So I will stay home,and later kick myself when yet again the storm veers off and misses us.


Meanwhile, lunch. Toasted home baked whole-wheat, spread with yogurt cheese, boiled egg broken over, scatter of capers. Gala apple dessert. 

I made the yogurt cheese from a container of whole milk yogurt, and saved some of the container to use as a starter for a homemade batch of yogurt. Last night I remembered to do it.

I now have a quart or more of it. Ages since I made yogurt, and this way I avoid bringing yet more plastic containers home.
It's not hard to do, it's remembering that's the issue.

So now I have a supply of yogurt and can use some of it to make yogurt cheese.

5 comments:

  1. I understand the snow annoyance - there's been entirely too much of it lately. Hope your predicted snow passed you by, disappointing as missing your stitching friends would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we have slush. No plowing needed. A few openings delayed. Not much of a storm.

      Delete
  2. You seem to have adopted haiku style in your reply.
    Me, tired of talking about snow in any style. Meeka (cat) has been helping make paper beads this a.m. She is expert at shredding paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made yogurt for a long while; used to be a weekly thing (in the '70s!). Once again, inspired and grateful for it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you can find time to make yogurt again. Next time I do it, I plan to leave it overnight in the oven with the light on, to keep a gentle heat going. Heard that tip after I made this batch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!