Sunday, January 13, 2019

Gingering up the food around here

Very early awake, and wondering what to do about it, I wandered through one of those "56,783 ways to cook ginger"  features online and promptly got up to try a couple.

Here's a rub, or as Shakespeare would put it, ay, there's the rub. His was a gloomier take, though. Anyway here are chicken breasts, no thighs available that day, and breast needs all the help it can get, with their rub.



 Mixture of cayenne, ginger powder, celery seed. I left the rub mixed for a couple of hours before applying it, to let flavors get acquainted.  I'll let you know how it goes. And just now, I remembered to add a bit of turmeric, not in the pic.





And then there are ice cubes for dropping into tea, instead of milk. Some people don't like milk in their tea. These are lemon juice, ginger powder and honey, and water. They could also be a handy cold remedy, come to think of it. I bagged them for refreezing to free up the tray.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!