Saturday, January 26, 2019

Mini green house in action

Finally got the mini greenhouse going. I tried a few days ago, all ready to go, out on the deck, container, tools, camera, determination, found the potting soil totally frozen. Oh.

Brought all the doings back indoors including the bag of soil, to thaw out. Then realized it was about twice the size that the little container could manage.

So today set up a row of pots and off-loaded half the contents into the pots ready for spring anyway.

Then had to staple shut the bag, after stabbing the drainage holes.  Then it fitted nicely, and I cut out the window, scattered the lettuce one side, parsley the other.




The sun obligingly came out to confirm this is a good spot. Then I fitted the container on to the lid, which snaps shut, see the red snap thing on the side, squirrel deterrent, and we're all set.

I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your start up. Still -39c here so don't even put my nose outdoors never mind a greenhouse. Garage door frozen to the ground. Managed to force it up with a garden spade, then car wouldn't start. Uphill day. Don't mind me just feel like bitchin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arhghghh. That's cold. Your approach to the frozen garage door is one I'd use. January is a low point in a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!