Sunday, December 17, 2017

Pommes vertes au miel au-dessous de deux petites crepes

So, after a large bowl of chicken veg soup, for Sunday supper, there arose the need for some sort of dessert.  After looking around the kitchen in a wild surmise, I finally settled on a Granny Smith apple, which I peeled and cored, love that apple corer, use it all the time, then sliced thin and microwaved for a couple of minutes with honey drizzled about.


Then used up the last of the pancake batter to make two little crepes, well, pancakes, a bit sturdy for crepes.  



And it went down very well. 



So I thought I should give it the pretentious name you see above, no doubt what Aunt Dahlia's French chef Anatole, would have said. And Bertie Wooster would probably have been very impressed with. But I bet Anatole would add a dash of kirsch to the contraption.

Pancake batter keeps for days in the fridge.  Just shove all the ingredients into a blender, I add extra milk to the usual recipe, which comes out too thick for my taste.  And go from there.  A lot less trouble than pancakes usually sound.

Pancakes growing up in my house were usually strictly a ritual Shrove Tuesday event, since making them for a large family is a bit of a pain, so it wasn't a casual sort of thing. And the approved condiments were lemon juice and a scatter of sugar.  No honey, syrup, jam, nothing exotic like that. So I feel quite daring making them any old time, and  using honey instead.   And if you like cinnamon this is a good place to shake some.  Or amchur, come to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!