Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Two lunches at once, fish and roast potatoes

Today was the day for flounder.  I knew there was some in the freezer somewhere, buried under all the farm produce.  And so it came to pass that lunch today was flounder, spread with plain yogurt, sliced fresh lemon on top, on a bed of panko, sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning, and those great parmesan potatoes.  


A few too many potatoes for the one dish, so they migrated to the fish dish, where they worked fine.
 
This time the cheese mix included Old Bay Seasoning and minced fresh garlic, and I recommend the mix.  It went particularly well with the fish.  And the fresh lemon was just a lovely note, as posh cooks say.  It lightened up what could be a rather heavy plateful.


So, today's lunch demolished, I took a pic of the leftovers, which look pretty good to me.  That's for tomorrow.  I can reheat in the same dish, and the potatoes won't be quite as crisp, but still will work just fine. And the fish will hold up as good old flounder always does.

And it's always good to feel that you have a meal in hand, no matter what other stuff needs doing tomorrow.  Years ago I adopted the habit of having the main meal at noon, much lighter in the evening.  The only time I don't is when I feed HS a large and lovely dinner.  But usually it works out better for me this way.  Just a thought.

This was after many years of work of the kind that completely ruled out a full midday meal, on account of meetings, traveling, pressure on time and so on.  Then it was a sandwich shoved in my pocket on the way out the door.  It's a great luxury now to be able to sit at a table midday and enjoy a homecooked full meal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!