Friday, October 20, 2017

Update on the buckeye slip

After the recent blogpost on the herb symposium, I got a lovely email from a former member, now far away, identifying my butterflies better.  He pointed out that I had labeled a painted lady as a buckeye, which is true.  Uploading problems, and I deleted the wrong pic, ended up with the painted lady instead of what I spozed to put.  So here's the actual image you were supposed to get



and a nice Golden Books entry about it



and I'm glad to have the slip pointed out.  It got right by me in the annoyance of all kinds of computer shenanigans. There were several of them flying about, butterflies, not shenanigans, along with painted ladies, a couple of red admirals, a sulfur or two, and various skippers.  Very popular flowerbed.  And bees and other insects galore.

He also identified the mystery butterfly/moth, as a form of skipper, kind of halfway between butterfly and moth kingdoms.  This is terrific.  I love informative readers.  And this was an expert taking the time to write. Thank you, Don.

So I can end Friday on a virtuous note! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!