Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Thriftie as reward for thriftiness

Yesterday, the annual dental checkup, and once again, no boat payments for the dentist, an old friend, but comments on my good dental care.  No further work required.  come back next year.

So, the thriftie being just down the road, I thought I'd stop in there and reward myself for not having to spend massive $$ at the dentist.  And while I was there, unload the trunkful of items I cleared out of my storage place, all very good, but no longer useful to me.


And the Thriftie Goddess was with me, because for $12 total I found this perfectly lovely linen shirt, in a color I think is eau de nil, very posh, and a linen vest of a kind I've been wanting for years and years.  It pays to be a small size at the thriftie, less competition in that area.  And if you don't mind the care linen needs, actually a ride in the dryer often substitutes for pressing, it's all good.

And today, I ordered a bunch of snowdrops to plant on the patio to augment the six brave little fellers who come up year after year, never fail and never multiply either.  As usual with my gardening, when I want to plant, the first order of business is to pull out a lot of pachysandra.  My neighbor already said he wants it, so that's good.  It will have an immediate home a few yards away.  So as soon as the bulbs arrive, that will happen. 

What with the Montauk daisies, now in full swing, and apparently impervious to early frost, too, and the Rose of Sharon, also going all out, along with the sedum, Fall is taken care of.  Then adding to the spring end, the snowdrops will kick in in late January or early February.  Very little down time, all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!