Monday, August 26, 2019

Coda, apple turnovers

After the recent pie caper, there was a little chunk of leftover pastry, which I put in the freezer for possible apple turnovers.

So they happened today. Only enough pastry for three, but enough filling left over for a nice dessert, with a spoonful of sour cream, gala apples, seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon, molasses, lemon juice.  Eaten with a cup of strong Vietnamese coffee, on the patio, to accompany reading, lovely afternoon.

Meanwhile back at the cooling rack the turnovers clearly staging some sort of protest, look at those expressions!




Did they think it was a poor substitute for being excluded from the pie? Not sure I like angry turnovers.

4 comments:

  1. Well I'm sure you could get even with the angry turnovers by yelling 'bite me' every time you take a bite. That would put them in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbors already have their doubts about me. I'd love to know how it would be if I started shouting at my food! Could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our neighbours wonder about me too, so you're in good company!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!