Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bringing in the Sheaves, well, the Spuds

Potato Harvest 2016.  I can usually count on getting at least one meal of potatoes from a sprouting potato buried in a pot of potting soil and basically disregarded for several months.  





Here's this year's haul, smaller than usual, but surprised I got any, since they were flooded quite often, and potatoes hate that, usually rot under those circumstances.  But here's a nice little meal.  Labor sparing gardening.  I lifted them before the foliage was quite spent, because I thought if I waited any longer they might rot.

These, with a nice sauce of the peppermint growing near them, will be a good addition to a meal.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!