Friday, December 26, 2014

Survivors and Rescues

Two shots of the remaining lovely birthday flowers. There are always survivors continuing to look fresh and lively long after other plants have gone their way.  




And yesterday Handsome Son found the plant stem outside on the step, evidently left there by a  neighbor for me to do some magic with, he has great faith. No story on how it came to be separated from the parent plant, but I suspect that the two resident little dogs are involved. And I'm not sure what the name is, but any blogistas who can tell me, please do.  It's a pretty common houseplant, name escapes me.

So I'll give it a chance, and put it, in water, among the other houseplants.  I think plants like to be in a community of plants.

2 comments:

  1. Here is hoping that the plant spring anew. I love that you neighbours consider you the plant doctor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be a dracaena, and absolutely does not like being in water. So now it's potted in nice moist potting soil. Wrong season, but yer work with what yer got.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!