Thursday, March 17, 2011

Erin go Bragh from the O'Dollivers




The Dollivers got dolled up in the Green today, and to avoid squabbles, a single scarf was draped over all of them, but Kitchen Witch, in her bright green dress, requested that she be clear of the scarf, to show off her outfit better. The hats, don't ask me, the Ds insisted that they were part of the getup and who am I to argue, the mere photographer around here.

Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day to them as celebrates it, which is probably everyone, regardless of heritage. Enjoy the soda bread and corned beef and cabbage if that's your pleasure. Don't forget the step dancing while you're at it. And the banging of the big drums and the playing of the whistles.

2 comments:

  1. At last, my computer will now allow me to post a comment!

    My maiden name is Parker and I always thought we were Scottish. It would seem, though, the Parkers emigrated to Scotland from Ireland around the turn of the 1700s. Not that life improved much, but at least they were free of the post-Cromwellian era for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!