Tuesday, October 29, 2019

DIY meets wabi sabi

This all started when a mosquito bit my ear, it swoll up real bad, the ear, that is, well I guess the mosquito too, come to think of it. By the time the ear had gone down enough to put in earrings, the piercing had healed up along with the bite.

So I'm looking for ways of converting pierced earrings to clip ons, and there are findings you can use for that. Which took me up to the studio to rummage through my jewelry findings, just in case I had any, which I didn't, have to buy some

And I noticed a supply of gold metallic paint while I was rummaging, which reminded me of a wabi sabi approach to several areas of my bathroom needing repainting.




This is where a squirrel bit into the roof and chewed through a condensation pipe above the ceiling,a caused a leak and exploratory cutting into the ceiling to find and  fix it.



This is where Andy long ago fell getting out of the shower, clutched at the towel rail on his way down, it tore out of the wall and hit his head, insult to injury. That's when I had all the towel rails replaced with ADA-compliant grab bars, which I strongly recommend.



And this is the access port I had cut into the wall which backs onto the shower in the other bathroom, which reduced s subsequent plumbing visit dramatically since I had it open, found the leak and it was fixed very fast. But it needs painting, not very scenic. Bare wallboard.

I'm not up to painting entire rooms at this point, but I think painting just the bits where repairs were done, might work. And rather than buy a gallon of paint for a couple of square feet, why not make it a wild contrast, enjoying the imperfection instead? Art instead of  matching.

So this may happen tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. We have those grab bars in our bathroom too - were there when we moved in so assume the previous occupant must have needed them. Heaven knows they wouldn't have been installed by our building owners willingly!!! Interesting solution to the painting problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do recommend them. I have them all over, for Andy, but used by everyone these days. If you install it, they will grab!

    Too warm and humid today for the planned painting, but next day or two will be better for painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!