Monday, September 9, 2019

It must be Fall, there's brambles

Local farm grown known hereabouts as blackberries, but to me they're brambles. Local farm Honeycrisp apples.



First crumble of the Fall. Bramble and apple. Fruit macerated days ago and frozen ready. Oatmeal topping, which I ground today and chucked in whole oatmeal flakes too. Molasses and just a bit of white sugar. Butter to bind the crumble.



Afternoon tea on a cool rainy day. Crumble with plain yogurt. English breakfast tea.

Continuing mystery why people don't cook for one. Some for neighbors, for handsome son if he visits, to have a little something in the afternoon, to freeze for later.  All fresh ingredients, because I'm worth it.

Back to watching Grantchester now. Rewatching.

5 comments:

  1. Did I mention I got the last of the post-it posse done? Completed my outreach to millennials, in good time for them to use the enclosed applications to vote by mail. My bit is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I haven't been cooking at all. Just getting the minimum required chores done every day is about all I can manage, and the house looks post-earthquakian. But none of this has anything to do with it just being one person - when I DO cook, I never feel like it's not worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can tell from your joy in growing and eating your own food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a matter of interest, have you tried Yorkshire Gold tea? its currently my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, but I don't like it. No edge to the flavor. Bit dark. I've tried a few teas, Irish Breakfast, some Scottish ones, end up again
    at English Breakfast. I do like Earl Grey once in a while.

    But as the aunts used to say, it's all about the water!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!