Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home...

This little orphan of the storm arrived in my house on Sunday, ahead of the hurricane, and has hung about since, strolling around the houseplants in search of aphids, which she didn't find, I guess, because now that she's been warm and dry for a few days, she's decided to try to get out of here and she's trying to figure out how to get through this glass window.

 In vain I explained that it's freezing out there, better sleep in here for the winter,she points out that she always winters outdoors, she knows what she's doing. So tomorrow I'll wait till there's a bit of sun and open this patio door she's battering on from the inside, and let her fly away home.

1 comment:

  1. My mother was of the mind that a ladybug had to be brought inside every fall to keep the aphids at bay on her houseplants. Not sure if it worked though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!