Saturday, June 4, 2016

A bit of fancy cooking ready for tomorrow's picnic

I thought it would be nice to make some Parmesan Crisps, from Ina Garten, for my part of a potluck event, annual stitchers' picnic.  And since they're not just anybody, I pushed out the boat and got the real Parmigiano Reggiana, to make the best.

So here are the workings:  fresh picked thyme from my front yard, growing very nicely after the long winter and longer spring, undaunted, fresh ground black pepper, bit of flour, bit of kosher salt, block of cheese ready to grate.



And here's the aromatic result



Let's hope I don't have to bring any home. I have a feeling I will be bringing an empty plate, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!